Volunteer Opportunities at Lakes Elementary
- Move ‘N Groove: This is our biggest event of the year and brings in over half of the funds we use to support our school. Assist with field events, pass out waters, and cheer on our kids as they move and groove during our 6th Annual Walk-A-Thon.
- Key Card Books: This sale is back by popular demand. Assist the coordinator with collecting forms and distributing books in September.
- Warm Fuzzies: We show our Lakes Staff how much we appreciate them by providing a meal and treats once per month as well as during conferences. Each grade level will sponsor a different month. Help coordinate for your child’s grade level and occasionally provide items.
- Spirit Wear: We offer high quality products without the high markup. This program is designed to develop a sense of community. Assist with sorting and distribution in December.
- Staff Appreciation: Help organize the spring luncheon during Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Carnival: (COORDINATORS NEEDED) Many hands are needed to make this event possible. Volunteers are needed for one hour shifts to help run the games, cake walk, and prize redemption center.
- Silent Auction: (COORDINATORS NEEDED) This event is held in the Library during the Carnival in January. Collecting donations from area businesses should begin in November. Volunteers are also needed on the day of the Carnival to assist with setting up and running the Auction.
- Popcorn: This program provides cash directly to the individual classrooms that sign up to sponsor. Join us on the morning of our popcorn days to pop, sort, and distribute to the classrooms. You do not need to be available every month and you do not need to be connected to a sponsoring classroom.
- Secret Santa Shop: (COORDINATORS NEEDED) Our students will have an opportunity in December to do holiday shopping for their families. Volunteers are needed in shifts to help the children as they shop.
- Kids Food Basket: This community service project involves collecting items to make Supper Packs right here in our school for area children. Volunteers are needed to sort and count items as well as assist the children on the day we make the Supper Packs in February.
- Relay for Life: This is not a PTO event, however, we are helping out the Lakes Relay Team by collecting volunteers to assist in the many activities that go on before, during, and after Relay for Life in May.
Clip and Earn Free Money for Our School!
Box Tops for Education
Every box top is worth 10 cents! And they really add up!
We will run two classroom races this year.
October 2017 and February 2018
Winning classrooms get a party!
Visit www.boxtops4education.com for a list of products.
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here